Webinar 1: Accelerating the commercial implementation of carbon capture
Our first webinar introduced LAUNCH, an international research project focusing on the development of novel carbon capture solvents for use at scale by industry and as part of efforts to speed the delivery of carbon capture, utilisation and storage (CCUS) worldwide.
The event was chaired by project coordinator Peter van Os, of TNO, and featured presentations by lead scientists from each of our work packages. There was also an interactive Q&A session.
The LAUNCH project is co-funded by participating countries through the European Union’s ERA-NET Accelerating CCS Technologies (ACT2) initiative. The project began in September 2019 and will run until August 2022.
PROGRAMME 11:00-12:00 CEST
- Welcome and project overview – Peter van Os, Project Co-ordinator, TNO
- WP1 Predicting solvent degradation – Andreas Grimstvedt, SINTEF
- WP2 Controlling degradation – Juliana Monteiro, TNO
- WP3 Closing degradation knowledge gaps – Hanna Knuutila, NTNU
- WP4 Developing the solvent qualification programme – Jon Gibbins, University of Sheffield
- WP5 Demonstrating the solvent qualification programme – Peter Moser, RWE
- WP6 Techno-economic evaluation – Jonathan Slater, Doosan Babcock
(Main photo courtesy of Biobe, www.biobe.no)