The LAUNCH project will deliver the necessary knowledge and tools to allow CO2 capture plants to operate in a more controlled and cost-efficient way. The project will also provide solvent developers with the tools to assist in designing and validating novel solvents. By avoiding uncontrolled build-up of degradation products, LAUNCH will improve the performance and economics of CO2 capture processes.
More specifically, LAUNCH will:
- Improve knowledge of amine degradation, covering novel chemistries, formulations and tool development
- Develop a publicly available solvent qualification programme that will significantly lower the cost and time for solvent testing
- Apply to all amine solvents, current and future, as well as proprietary solvents
- Provide guidelines on how to de-risk solvent-flue gas combinations
- Accelerate the development of novel solvents and the implementation of CO2 capture across industry
Research outputs from the project will be shared with our stakeholders through a range of events, resources and techniques. These will be tailored to fit the type of output and the target audience.